LEADERS FOR LIFE
Summer Journey Program 2021
There has never been a one-size-fits-all approach to summer learning and flexibility is needed now more than ever.
Our LEADERS FOR LIFE: Summer Journey Program will offer a comprehensive suite of programs that can be tailored to the unique needs of our students and addresses the academic, social, and emotional needs of our K-5 students and their families. This program is designed to help build a strong foundation for the next school year–all while having fun!
Our LEADERS FOR LIFE: Summer Journey seeks to promote positive youth development after the Covid-19 pandemic we lived throughout this year. It is an academically-focused program different from the traditional summer school program because at AEE we will:
- integrate recreational, cultural, and/or enrichment activities;
- blend remediation with enrichment activities and more advanced curricula;
- are attended by students of varied skill levels;
- seeks to build positive relationships among peers and with adults;
LEADERS FOR LIFE: Summer Journey will offer:
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING AND MINDFULNESS: Expand students’ 21st century skills in critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and empathy—all necessary for success in college, careers, and beyond.
- LITERACY INTERVENTION: Improve students’ skills across the Big 5—phonics, phonological awareness, fluency, comprehension, and vocabulary—while also developing students’ grade-level skills.
- MATH INTERVENTION: Help struggling learners build confidence and improve their math skills—from basic concepts and operations to problem-solving and data collection.
- ENRICHMENT EXPERIENCES: Engage students in project-based learning to expand critical thinking skills with age appropriate activities to help meet students learning and social needs.
- Sports: Tennis, Golf
- Three-days a week (Tuesday- Wed-Thursday)
- Learning program (9am-2pm)
- Recreational activities (supported by Caregiver Grove)(2-6pm)
- Fieldtrips on Friday
- Reading, math, and enrichment curriculum
- Snack, lunch, and transportation provided